Eat Nuts to Lose Weight
Wanting to lose weight and curb your appetite?
Eat nuts! Organic is best.
Yep, that’s right just a handful of nuts daily will not only curb your appetite and help you lose weight but studies have shown that:
* they are rich in antioxidants as many as fruits
* may lower cardiovascular and coronary heart disease
* may lower colon cancer by 58% in women and 27% in men
* women have a 25% lower risk of developing gallstones
* they are a rich source of niacin and those getting adequate niacin in their diets are 70% less likely to develop alzheimer’s (there we go with niacin…I’m tellin’ ya it’s the hidden vitamin that has loads of benefits!!!)
* people who ate nuts at least 2X/week were 31% less likely to gain weight
Sometimes I can be quite the skeptic so I did my own little study (as I do often) and my personal results were amazing! I grew up with the belief that nuts were high in fat and anything high in fat made you fat. So the best way to gain weight was to eat nuts. WRONG! I have now been eating 12+ nuts daily for 1 year and have not gained a pound…I’ve actually lost weight.
Now, don’t go overboard. More is NOT better. Moderation is the key. A handful is a good amount. I personally like cashews because of research I read linking cashews with lowered depression.
So, go NUT crazy and feel free to “share” this blog with your friends!