Just a little respect…
Third Times the Charm March 2012
♥ I naturally attract respect because I respect myself.
♥ I radiate love and respect and receive love and respect in return.
Expand your awareness with wonderful words:
adamantine \ad-uh-MAN-teen\, adjective:
1. Utterly unyielding or firm in attitude or opinion.
2. Too hard to cut, break, or pierce.
3. Like a diamond in luster.
- Set the Stage: Explain that it’s no longer okay to belittle you or use inappropriate language during an argument.
- Warning, Warning: Share that the next time this behavior occurs you will have a special word or signal to let the other person know you are offended (for example: Wouldn’t roses be wonderful right now? or HOTDAMN!).
- Take Action: Be prepared to leave. You can simply take a walk or go to the library for a few hours or walk around the mall, but “leave.” www.priceline.com has great prices on last minute hotel reservations and you can book a nice room for just $50.
There are 2 keys to this technique: 1) Do not get into a lengthy discussion. This is not the time to argue, justify or explain. This is the time to step into your power and DO. 2) Be consistent. It’s like potty training a puppy. If you react differently every time the puppy wets the floor you only confuse him and it takes twice as long to get the results you desire.
Being adamantine in your relationships may be difficult, especially if you’ve let someone walk all over you for many years, but it’s never too late to heal, to grow, to change!! Good luck and let me know how it goes.
And remember, if you hear, see or feel it three times ~Pay Attention~ it means the Universe is speaking to you.