I am excited to announce that I’ve been invited to be a guest on The Prosperity Student Radio Show airing Tuesday, April 24th, 1:00 pm CST.
Below is a sneak peak of the interview, beginning with my own story of stepping out of the “safe” job with benefits and taking that leap of faith to live my dream.
1. Please share your Prosperity Story:
After 10 years as a school teacher, I was bored and restless. I had dreamed of being a teacher my whole life and so I asked God, “If not this, then what?” I began on a spiritual journey to discover what this restless ache in my heart was from, that’s when I discovered hypnosis, got trained and began doing it part time out of my home.
Nine months later, business was booming and I was getting burnt out and I knew it was time. Time to leave teaching, but my husband didn’t see it that way. He begged me to keep my day job. I finally said, “I honor your opinion, but this is my life and I get to decide what to do with it and I’ve decided to leave teaching and become a full-time hypnotherapist.”
Six months after leaving my safe job as a school teacher with benefits, my husband broke his neck playing semi-professional football with our then 20 yr old son, Marcus. Our whole world turned upside down in less than 24 hours. Five months later, the day after Thanksgiving, we received a letter in the mail from his boss indicating that he was being let go. At the same time, his mother was diagnosed with Supra Nuclear Palsy which is slowly taking her life in an incredibly cruel fashion. It was the worst year of our lives, but it could have been much worse.
The Doctor said Curt was a medical miracle. He had walked around for 5 hours with a broken neck and was not paralyzed. Curt made a full recovery and decided to go back to school, but after a few years we were drowning in debt. The credit cards were maxed out, the second mortgage had reached its limit, student loans and Curt’s odd jobs were not covering the expenses and my business was about to go bust. Hypnosis was not in high demand.
I remember sitting one day praying my heart out. I said, “God, I can’t do this anymore. I am not seeing a way out of this mess. I am going to have to put this work on hold and go back to the classroom and teach kids again. If you really want me to stay doing what I’m doing you’re going to have to bring me some money so I can pay my bills and some ideas so I can be successful in this line of healing work.”
Prosperity comes when you believe.
Within a few months, Curt received a surprise settlement from a job he had gotten hurt at. It was just enough money to pay off ALL of our debt and help Curt get through the last 2 years of school.
Shortly after that, I received divine inspiration to change my business title from Hypnotherapist to Spiritual Counselor and my business name from Heaven Sent Hypnotherapy to Heaven Sent Healing and that year my income doubled!! And has continued to increase every year.
As I focus on divine inspiration and allow God’s will to steer my life prosperity and abundance overflow in unexpected ways.
2. What does prosperity mean to you? How do you define prosperity in your life?
Prosperity is about loving relationships, financial serenity, and peace of mind. Prosperity is in your mind not your bank account. “Having everything” isn’t about material things it is about spiritual, mental, emotional things. Staying focused on your goals, not letting life’s bumps and detours wipe you out, and staying true to yourself is prosperity.
3. What blocks did you encounter in your journey?
I have a wonderful mother but she passed on some pretty strong belief systems about “I am poor” that I have had to overcome. I also had a father with a fierce, driving force who passed on a strong belief system that “Anything is possible” which is where my entrepreneurial spirit comes from.
4. How did you recognize these blocks?
It was through some intense personal work that I was able to identify the belief systems that were holding me back and driving me forward. It’s just as important to identify your strengths and what motivates you as it is to become aware of your weaknesses and what’s holding you back.
I credit much of my inner and outer work to self help, spiritual books. Especially when you are on a tight budget, motivational books, cd’s and dvd’s from the library and family and friends got me through the toughest times. A few favorites are: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, & Loving What Is by Byron Katie.
5. Based on your definition of prosperity, do you feel that you accomplished your goals?
I have absolutely accomplished my goals of loving relationships, financial serenity and peace of mind. I do not have a dream life by any means, but everyday I fight for better and I don’t settle for less. My husband and I still argue, our finances are tight living on one income with student loans, and I battle daily with anxiety. But what I do know is that prosperity comes when you believe. And I believe that God is on my side, that I am truly blessed, that my husband loves me and is a fighter, and that financial serenity isn’t about money in the bank it’s about faith in your mind.
6. Prosperity can be a continuous journey – what goals do you currently have?
My #1 goal is peace of mind. As an entrepreneur I get caught up in lots of projects and doing lots of fun things. I am learning not to take on more than I can handle, to live mindfully and every time I feel my heart is racing or anxiety overtakes me I stop for a moment and say to myself “peace be still” and amazingly enough my heart relaxes and a feeling of calm overtakes me. Because I know that when I come from a place of calm I create more prosperity and abundance and when I come from a place of overwhelm and hurry, hurry I create lack and limitation.
7. When looking back at your journey – from where you were then to where you are now – how did you get to where you are now?
I got to where I am now by 1) never giving up on my dream 2) having faith that if God brought me to it, he would see me through it 3) and believing with my whole heart and soul that truly anything is possible!
8. How have you helped others in the area of Prosperity?
A turning point in my life and my business was when I did a book study on a little book by Joe Vitale from The Secret called “The Greatest Money Making Secret in History.” It is an amazing story of how giving back creates incredible wealth and prosperity. When I embraced his principles and began giving back in my business by doing pro bono work and a pay it forward program that gave back to our community my business continued to thrive and I saw amazing results while others were closing up shop.
9. As people are defining prosperity for themselves, what are the top three things they can do?
1. If you want more prosperity you have to give more prosperity. I know this is hard to do when you’re living on mac & cheese for dinner but giving doesn’t necessarily have to be in dollars and cents.
2. Prosperity comes when you believe. Believe in yourself, believe in your service to do good for your community and the world, believe that there’s a universal intelligence guiding your steps and even though you can’t see what’s behind the magic curtain doesn’t mean there isn’t something wonderful coming just around the corner.
3. A miracle is simply a shift in perception. Don’t limit yourself when you are dreaming your biggest dream. If you don’t ask for a million dollars you’ll never get a million dollars. I am a millionaire, rich, successful and amazing in every way. The more money I make the more money I am able to give back. I am truly blessed in all I do.
10. What resources do you suggest for those deciding to venture on this journey?
1. Join a book club that focuses on spiritual development. See my new Spiritual Book Club eCourse program I just launched. Bonus #1: I am giving away 2 seats for our next book study on: “Kryon: The End Times” by Lee Carroll. Just email me and mention that you heard this interview and are interested in the eCourse.
2. Tap into the resources of healers and coaches. Sometimes overcoming a block can open a gateway of prosperity you wouldn’t otherwise have access to. An amazing technique I work with is from a book called: Spiritual Healing by Robert Detzler. Bonus #2: I am giving away a 30 minute session using the technique Spiritual Healing to remove any blocks you may have to prosperity!
3. A must read for anyone venturing on the prosperity path is… Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill. This is a channeled book that provides a great framework for building a successful life filled with prosperity.
Please note: The first 3 people that email me after the show airs on Blogtalkradio The Prosperity Student Tuesday, April 24th at 1pm CST will be eligible for the free bonuses!
Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
I love your perspective on prosperity and trusting in the gifts God gives you and the books you recommend!
I actually led a book group and taught a series of classes based on The New Earth.That book changed the way I thought about thing and made me super aware of the stories and belief systems I live inside of. It inspired me to create my coaching biz- Defy the Box! LOL!
I’m also a big fan of Byron Katie. Her work can truly set you free.
Thanks for the depth of honesty in this post!
Incredibly powerful and encouraging story. So much joy to come out of so much sorrow. I know you feel that you have a long way to go, but you’ll get there–perhaps before you even know it.
What honestly and openness! Thank you for sharing your story in such an unguarded way…your ability to rise from the ashes of hard situations is tesitmont to the human spirit and how prosperity can grow from the hardest of times.
So happy that you’ve continued to reinvent yourself over the years of your life — and have never stopped chasing what you want.
What a great story! This is what I needed to hear right now as I am going thru some of my own “crud” and need to tell myself there is something waiting for me on the other side of the door that is even bigger and better than what I am doing right now!
GREAT post.. I’m a huge fan of Napoleon Hill’s work as well!
Love your words about believing and positive energy. I do believe!
Pure inspiration!!! I believe prosperity shows up when we’re truly aligned with and committed to our vision. Thanks for setting such a brilliant example Julie!
What an amazing road you’ve walked. I believe with your positive attitude you will always be prosperous.
What an amazing story — so full of courage, faith, and optimism! It’s an inspiration. I love your practical tips in #10, and that you’re walking the talk by giving away a session!
Oh wow Julie, what a long way you have come, your tale is so inspiring and I have written down some of the books you mentioned as have to read. Thank you.
lots to chew on here. i definitely feel like giving back is the best way to find inner peace and prosperity. i find that volunteering not only helps others, but i get just as much, if not more, out of it.
This is fabulous and all kinds of delish! I’ve been around the block a few times & so I’m pretty familiar with the things you’ve mentioned here. But knowledge of, and action on, these types of principles are two totally different things, as we know… 😉
I’m actually going to take some notes on this blog post and then do some creative brainstorming around what I can take action on, based on the things you’ve written here…
thanks big bunches!