Up Close & Personal
I thought it might be fun to share some “little known facts” about myself with my readers so you could get to know me personally a little better. I have also found that sometimes transparency is a good thing because it helps people relate to us better. It helps them to see us as real people and not someone on a pedestal.
I recently watched a video where Doreen Virtue talks about an ex-husband who was possessive and emotionally abusive and I also read that Christine Northrup used to be obsessed with having the perfect mate.
What do these two women have in common?
The ability to be bold, daring and transparent.
Sometimes we like to create a specific image of how we want the world to see us and we hold back any dark, dirty little secrets, but
The Truth Is…
It is ALL of our experiences that have created the gifts we share with others not just the ones that make us look good.
At the risk of being viewed as a real person with flaws…here goes:
1. I used to be a cheerleader captain in 7th grade, but decided that wasn’t the career for me because it was ridiculous to stand on the sidelines and shout things into the crowd that nobody really cared about. I totally didn’t get the whole “team spirit” thing.
2. I am the mother of two beautiful children and my last one will be a senior next year. Sometimes I count down the days when she will be moving out to go to college. Her bedroom always looks like a tornado went through it, she leaves the kitchen a disaster anytime she makes anything and there are make-up stains all over the carpeting (I’m not even sure how that happens.)
3. I dropped out of high school my senior year. It only lasted a week. My boyfriend (current husband) threatened to break up with me if I didn’t get my a– back. I switched over to a parochial school where I could work full time and go to school part time. I eventually got my masters degree and was a school teacher for 10 years before I became a Professional Psychic Medium. Go Figure.
4. I have always fantasized about being a cartoon voice in one of Disney’s major motion films.
5. I miss being a schoolteacher, first semester only.
6. I did everything backwards: I had a baby, went to college and then got married. I am still married today to my high school sweetheart. We’ve been together 33 years and still passionately in love. Whoever said a baby will ruin your life was WRONG!
7. I could eat ice cream and pizza daily and never get tired of them!
8. I LOVE my work as a Psychic Medium and Spiritual Counselor. It’s amazing what I do and how much I can help people. Everyday I wake up feeling blessed.
I love learning about people, their ups and downs, what makes them tick, what makes them human. I hope you have enjoyed taking a sneak peek into my life and I would love to learn more about you. Feel free to post a comment below sharing what you love, or something crazy you’ve done. Thanks for stopping by!